Thursday 27 March 2014

Candy Giraffe!

Hello! 

I have been so busy the last few weeks making African Flower pieces for the next batch of ordered animals :) 

I had an order for a "non-gendered, colourful" giraffe, and had to think of a way to make such a thing! I decided on using four main colours - pink, blue, yellow and green - and the dark and light version of each colour. How though to work out where to put what colour, and what pieces I needed to make? 

Fortunately, I had just finished a giraffe for another order, so I cut up some paper into little squares and coloured them in with each colour. Then, with some glee, I stuck pins in the pink giraffe!





I had to add a 5th colour - plain purple - to fill in some spots where I just couldn't avoid having two pieces of the same colour together.

Here is the work so far! I am totally loving the colour combination. What do you think I should call it? Suggestions so far are "Candy Mix" or "Sherbet Bomb" :)




I'll make sure to post a picture when he's finished!

UPDATED TO ADD:

Here's the finished Candyman :)



4 comments :

  1. Oh, that is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is stunning, I absolutely love it! The colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm going to make one of each animal in this colour scheme, love it :)

    ReplyDelete