Wednesday 12 August 2015

Summer Mosaic & Around the Bases CALs

Hi everyone! 

For at least the next couple of weeks, you're mostly going to get CAL updates from me - I hope that's ok! I'm so excited about the two CALs I'm currently working on :)


Clue 2 of Julie Yeager's enticing Summer Mosaic Mystery CAL came out on Saturday, Australian time. This week we made our circles bigger, and added more overlay stitches. They kind of look like clocks at the moment!


I love the colours - it just looks like a tumble of summer to me :) 




Around the Bases CAL by ChiChi Allen

I've written about this one before, a few weeks ago, when I was figuring out which square to use in the centre. There's a round up of lovely big afghan square patterns in that post if you want to have a look! 




This Monday (Australian time), the "First Innings" pattern was released. It was pretty straightforward, and I've already used up almost a whole scrap piece of one colour! Stashbusting for the win :D






So bright and cheerful, and I can't wait to see how it ends up! 

I hope you are all managing to keep up with your projects and WIPs! 

13 comments :

  1. These look amazing! No wonder you are excited to work on them. The colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both very beautiful! But the colours of the last one attract me more.
    Nice that you had such a great progress! Looking forward to see the rest...
    Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sigrid! The colours for the second one are totally random - I am just pulling scraps out of my Stylecraft box, and only toss them back if I've used the same colour in the previous 10 rows. It might get very interesting!!

      Delete
  3. Why apologise for the CAL updates? If that is what you are up to, then that's what a blog is for! I love watching things grow, bit by bit - it's like going on an adventure with you. :-)
    I'm glad you are still finding time to crochet xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) I just don't want you to get bored! I do have a new pattern coming out in early September, which I'm sure you're all going to adore :D

      Delete
  4. Some great things! Glad that you are enjoying your CAL's so much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cals are looking great. A lovely way to use up that stash! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! It's nice watching the pile go down - that means I can go and buy more right??

      Delete
  6. Both CALs look gorgeous. I'm looking forward to watching your progress. I'm hoping to find time to join in with both of these but I need to catch up with my existing CALs. So many CALs, not enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! CALs are so fashionable at the moment - everyone is doing it!

      Delete
  7. If you read this after so long, I would like to ask how you fitted patterns in when you had two separate stitch counts for long and short sides of blanket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wonderful ChiChi Allen anticipated different numbers of stitches on each side, and gave instructions accordingly! I just had to make sure the number of stitches around the edge of my starting piece were divisible by a certain number (I forget the number) on each side. I hope that makes sense?

      It is a fabulously written pattern, and I thoroughly recommend giving it a try :)

      Delete