Tuesday 15 March 2016

2016 Sydney Royal Easter Show

Hi everyone! 

Just a quick post from me, as tonight was the big preview of the Sydney Royal Easter Show Arts & Crafts Competition! My whole family, plus my friend Cate came with me to the exhibition. It was very noisy and busy, and there were so many absent-minded wanderers (always dangerous when travelling in a wheelchair), but lots of fun, and we got to go out for dinner afterwards too. 

I entered 7 sections this year, and all of them made it into the displays :D 

A trio of flower doilies
Starry Evening Stole
The Slow Rainbow Zig Zag Tote
PLUS! I got a highly commended ribbon:

Tumbling Blocks Baby Afghan

And THREE Third Place ribbons!! 

Starwirbeln Cowl

Persian Tiles Afghan

Nellie the Elephant

I am so thrilled with the outcome - now I need to start planning my entries for next year! 

13 comments :

  1. So many things to admire - I love those colorful doilies - and Nellie looks right at home.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Well done! There must have been some wonderful entries. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh there were - the standard was just amazing!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the ribbons. You earned them all - your crochet looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a sweep this year! I am so thrilled for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! What a wonderful achievement and everything is so pretty.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Do you ever sleep? How can you produce so many beautiful things in such a short time? I really admire your work! Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Viola! I have lots of time to crochet - no kids, and casual part-time work :P

      Delete
    2. I can confirm that kids make a HUGE difference!

      Delete