Wednesday 12 October 2016

Star Time

Hi ladies and gents,

how are you doing? We are having our religious wedding with a big party this weekend and thus there is a lot of planning to do! The dress is finished, the food ordered and basically everything else finished as well, so I am confident everything will go fine :)


In September we spent two weeks in Strasbourg/France. At first I worked on the Carousel Blanket but at some point I couldn't carry it around in my hand bag anymore. Plus we found this cute danish shop and guess what... they had yarn! Very lovely cotton yarn and well, I managed to resist for two days and then gave in to my yarn cravings. 


I wanted to try the Rainbow Ripple Baby Blanket pattern for some time and the cotton yarn just seemed perfect for it! The pattern is very easy and the blanket looks so pretty! I made a mistake in the first blanket I made resulting in it not lying flat (doesn't matter though, the blanket is still great! :)). The pattern is fast track on the way to become my favorite blanket pattern next to the C2C pattern!



At the moment I am still working on the second blanket and I am playing a bit of yarn chicken. Fingers crossed the blue/teal yarn will be enough to finish the last row...  



So, I need to go back to wedding stuff!

Take care and crochet hard
Anne




2 comments :

  1. Congratulations for your upcoming religious wedding. Wishing you a beautiful, special day.

    Your rainbow ripple blanket looks great. Do you find that ripples are quite addictive? Once I start a ripple, I find it hard to stop!

    Thank you for the pretty photos - it is a treat.
    Wishing you and your partner fun with family and a fabulous future together.

    Hugs, Jodie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have had the most amazing weekend! Many congratulations :) Lovely pics of Strasbourg, and I do love those blankets. Good luck with yarn chicken!!

    ReplyDelete