Tuesday 28 October 2014

Triple Ta-Dah on Tuesday

Welcome to Triple Ta-Dah Tuesday! I have a few lovely things to share with you today, all finished and ready to unleash on the world :) 

Crochet Between Worlds Facebook Page!

Crochet Between Worlds now has its own Facebook page! 



Head over there and Like the page for notifications of new posts, plus teasers and tidbits that occur to us between posts, plus shares of beautiful and inspiring work from other crochet pages :) 

Magnificent Mug Markers!

At our new house on Lake Macquarie, all the mugs will be the same... 

We drink a lot of tea, and I figure there is going to be endless confusion if everyone has identical mugs! So, using some of my lovely Red Heart Miami cotton and a little bit of internet exploration, I made a set of mug markers :) 



I was inspired by patterns I found online for the little motifs, but adapted them to make them a bit neater, a bit easier, or a bit more straightforward to add the loop. To each motif I added a loop of 30 chain stitches, to wrap around the mug handle. Plus, they are dishwasher safe if we forget to take them off! 

Star: http://mymerrymessylife.com/2013/06/crochet-mini-star-applique-free-pattern.html

Bowtie: http://crocheteverafter.com/tutorials/free-pattern-workshops/bow-applique/

Loopy flower: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/flower-doodle 

The mug markers can also be used on stemmed wine glasses - a colourful, washable, practical way to keep track of whose is whose!

Cosmos Fields Shawl

Last, but definitely not least, I completed my Cosmos Fields Shawl. I proof read this amazing pattern for Zelna of Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog a few months ago, but hadn't gotten around to actually making it!






I used some of my precious Stylecraft Special DK, and it was just a dream to work with. My Ravelry Projects Page has all the details on colours and yardage :) 

The colours remind me of photos of the lavender fields of Provence in France - purples, blues of the sky... It is so warm and cosy too, and very large! It measures 218cm (85") across and 108cm (42") long. 

This is for a birthday present - I hope the intended recipient likes it, and it keeps her nice and warm in her chilly office :) 



That's all for Triple Ta-Dah Tuesday! 


What projects have you finished lately? Put links in the comments for us to visit!! 

11 comments :

  1. I LOVE the colors in your Cosmos Fields Shawl. Gorgeous! I'll have to take a look at your colors on Ravelry. The mug markers are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! You should put the link here to yours when it's finished - I can't wait to see the autumn colours :)

      Delete
  2. Well done on your Facebook page-I will find you later this evening.
    Very sweet cheerful mug markers, so pretty.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle! You got every reason to be pleased with that many achievements! Absolutely love your shawl - because I understand how much work has gone into it! Mug markers - what a fab idea!!! :)
    Have a great week!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  4. What have I finished lately? Not a lot. I did finish a couple of tea towels but gave one away without photographing it first. I am waiting to catch up with it again and get a photo so I can share it with you. Apart from that, still plodding along with my cardigan.

    Your projects here certainly deserve a tah-dah moment! Beautiful colours in your shawl and the mug markers are a great idea. So simple too. Dishwasher safety is important! Thank you for sharing the ideas and the links that go with them.

    How exciting about your home in Port Macquarie and adding your own crochet style to it.
    Have fun.

    Jodie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie! I'm looking forward to seeing your finished cardigan :)

      Delete
  5. Just wanted to mention that though I don't know a thing about crochet, reading your blog makes me very happy. I think because you both always sound so happy when you write! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Bernie! Writing the blog makes me happy, as well as all the lovely things I get to make and test :)

      Delete
    2. Also, I can totally teach you to crochet over summer - have a think about what you might like to make!

      Delete