Tuesday 27 January 2015

Bits and Bobs on Tuesday

Hello everyone! 

Today is a bits and bobs day from me - photos from our weekend, and some pictures that you might have already seen if you follow us on Instagram (@crochetbetweenworlds) and Facebook! If you don't already follow us in those places, you totally should :P 

We went up to the lake house for the Australia Day long weekend, to give the kitchen bench a proper road test by making pasta and dumplings.



(note the duelling pasta machines :P )


We didn't get any photos of the dumplings as they got eaten much too fast. Next time!

Mostly though we lazed about crocheting and playing video games :) 



There were also some hilarious bogans elsewhere on the lake with a wonderfully unsafe contraption (that did look like heaps of fun though!). Make sure you watch this video with the sound, it really does make all the difference.




I've been working on some non-crochet projects over the last week too. Some little felt fridge magnets called to me after Spotlight had felt on sale for VIP members :)





Plus, I've started on the Sophie's Universe Crochet-a-Long by Dedri Uys. All the details can be found here. I'm really enjoying working on this project! I've been seeing the beautiful Sophie's Garden around for a while, so an organised, paced CAL seemed like an excellent opportunity. My sister is going to do it with me too, but her yarn hasn't arrived yet and she told me to get a head start and find the tricky bits ;)

This is the first 15 rows as at last night (and please excuse the terrible photo):



And this is the first 25 rows, which is all the information available so far:





What have you been up to this weekend? 

14 comments :

  1. I had a look at the CAL, too. Such a nice blanket. But too much going on lately and too many CALs I would like to do. So I'll watch from a distance. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern will presumably stay up after the CAL is over - you could do it anytime!

      Delete
  2. Your crochet looks great so far! I've been knitting my coat - have hardly knit anything for ages. Mostly crochet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian! I wish I could knit - I had to learn for school years and years ago, but after I discovered that crochet worked up faster and bigger knitting got left far behind... :)

      Delete
    2. I can so relate to Michelle's reply! I am so clumsy with 2 knitting needles but 1 hook and I can just whiz through. Is it slow going with your coat or are you a speed knitter, Gillian?

      Delete
  3. Like Gillian I've been busy with my newly discovered knitting, but I do love your mandala, not to talk about the felt magnets, especially the cute little owl! : ) Looks like you folk really enjoyed your holiday, that's always good to know! Wish you a nice week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valentina! The owl is my favourite too :P

      Delete
  4. Hey Michelle! I've been admiring your felt creations on IG! <3 Wow, that pasta was amazing!!!
    Your crochet looks great, have fun!!!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, Michelle, no Instagram for me - slow computers and photos don't mix. I do hope you will still keep me adequately updated through your blog! I just don't have the time for each and every new social media platform or the energy to get my head around a lot of them. This year I am making the effort to do more crochet, less computer. I love your Sophie's Garden. So colourful and spectacular! I will be watching this space to see it grow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough! My instagram also auto-posts to my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/wrappedwithlovebymichelle), but of course I will keep updating you through the blog :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for understanding Michelle and not taking it personally that I do not follow you on Instagram. I'm glad you will continue blogging here. :-)

      Delete
  6. This is going to become a real stunning blanket I guess,. I would like to join the cal but I have too many other things to crochet before I should allow myself to start with anoother blanket. But I will follow you progress:-). Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too, the pile of projects is a bit scary. But I've been wanting to do this pattern for such a long time, the CAL was a sign that now is the time for me :) I thoroughly recommend you try it in future though!!

      Delete